We are committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating learning environment where all children in our care feel safe, challenged and respected.
We will support children and families in line with the ‘GIRFEC approach’ to ensure their needs are ‘at the centre’ to develop and reach their full potential, giving all our children the best possible start in life.
We ensure all staff follow relevant Scottish Government Guidance for teaching of the curriculum ‘Pre-Birth to Three’ and ‘Curriculum for Excellence’.
We aim to do this by:
- Providing quality care and education where respect and equality is paramount.
- Creating positive relationships with parents and outside agencies.
- Providing appropriate experiences to promote and encourage the development of Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing, both indoors and outdoors.
- Ensuring that the children determine their individual path of learning and that their individual needs are met to enable them to become Confident Individuals and Successful Learners.
- To encourage the children to explore the world and be an active part of the community as Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors.
- To ensure all our staff are highly trained and registered with the SSSC.